Project>Login has developed a partnership with Live and Work in Maine to promote internship opportunities at businesses and organizations across the state. We want our employer partners to continue to share their opportunities with us and we'll always feature an internship here. To explore more options, please click the link below which will take you to the Live and Work in Maine page.*
Information Technology (IT) Intern at Fiber Materials Inc
Your Role: FMI is in search of a self-directed IT intern with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. The IT intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and IT Manager. They will apply their education to real world experiences.
What we need from you!
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, virtual servers, mobile devices, and collaboration software.
- Expected to follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment
What you get from us!
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major. A focus on cybersecurity strongly preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365, VMWare, Windows Server, and Windows 10.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-start, work independently and coordinate with team members.
- Able to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and high degree of integrity
- Desire to learn and research new solutions
And the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of materials science…
- Gain hands-on experience in an IT position
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
- Learn best practices for securing and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Become versed in IT and Government security requirements
- Opportunity to work on a wide array of different systems/technologies
- Discover what area of IT you’re passionate about
*Employers can also set up a profile on LiveandWorkinMaine