LaunchED Fall 2020
The Project>Login podcast features Mainers working in technology jobs across the state. It is meant to be a career-exploration tool and will follow an informational interview format. Folks from across Maine are featured, from CIOs to software developers to business analysts and more!
- Expose listeners to various technology jobs at Maine companies by people who do the work.
- Raise awareness of education & training pathways into those careers.
- Raise aspirations of young Mainers to pursue high-wage, in-demand tech careers.
The first episode was released on Oct. 5. New episodes are released approximately every week. You can listen here or on Simplecast, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you find podcasts.
57. Data Science Career Exploration (Jacob Sagrans, Rachel Carpenter, WEX, Sean Turner, IDEXX)
56. Kym Bryant, Computer Science Teacher, Spruce Mountain
55. Shelby Bryant, Project>Login Program Specialist, and Reilly Moncrief, Project>Login Outreach and Communications Intern
54. Abby Grindle, Software Support Specialist, Tyler Technologies
53. Aidan, Jeff & Helen, co-founders and COO, ReachMyTeach
52. Benny Boas - CEO & Founder, Upright Education
51. Matt Jones - Software Engineering Manager at Tyler Tech & director of the Maine App Challenge
50. Dylan Bulmer - Software Engineer - Foster Center for Student Innovation (UMaine) & TrustedRentr
49. Erin Bond, Software Engineer, Mentor Collective
48. Jacob Bazinet, Consultant, NYC Banking Sector, CGI
47. Ackeem Evans and Jermaine Hartsfield, Co-Founders of Election Bridge
46. Tyler Smith, Front-End Developer at Sephone
45. Nick Havas, XR Artist at Standard Magic
44. Kemal Turksonmez, Full Stack Software Developer at High Byte
43. Alan Jamieson, Professor of Computer Science, Roux Institute
42. Caroline Dennis, Disruptive Industry Agent, Career Coolhunter
41. Sara Strasner, Software Engineer 1, Olive AI
40. Lindsay Ouellette, Content Marketing Manager, Links Web Design
RECAST: Michael Cato, Senior Vice President & CIO, Bowdoin College
39. Hannah Walden, Curriculum Lead, Code.org
38. Aiden Threadgoode (he/him), Front-End Software Engineer, KeHE Distributors, LLC.
37. Ben Grooms, Information Security Specialist, University of Maine System
36. Kathy Crise, Computer Technology Instructor, Eastern Maine Community College
35. David Reed, Regional Supervisor, IT Field Services Department, MaineHealth
34. Frank Barton, IT Systems & InfoSec Administrator, Husson University
33. Scott Valcourt, Associate Teaching Professor of Computer Science at The Roux Institute
32. Daeghan Elkin, Software Developer at Tyler Technologies
31. Stacy Doore, Ph.D, Associate Professor in Computer Science, Colby College
30. Barbara-Jean Archibald, Emergency Communications Specialist Systems Administrator, ME Dept. of Public Safety
RECAST: Jennifer Fortier, Kepware
29. Todd Chamberlain, Director, IT Contract Services at Pro Search, Inc.
28. Nate Jalbert, Cybersecurity Instructor at PATHS
27. Shanna Utgard, Success Manager- Defendify
26. Alicia Biggs, Computer Science Coordinator - Lewiston Public Schools
25. Steve Johnson, Sr. Network Administrator- Technology Solutions of Maine
24. Sarah Irish, Technology Integrationist - Lewiston Middle School
23. Joe Sanderson, intern - Project>Login
22. Lillie Lavado, founder - HardScrabble Solutions
21. Emma-Marie Banks, Digital Learning & Computer Science Specialist - MDOE
20. Jennifer Fortier, Automation Engineer Specialist at PTC - Kepware
19. Charis Loveland, Business Development Manager at Amazon
18. Elissa (Lis) Tracey, Manager IT Services, at Tilson
17. Liz Riley, the COO, and Alex Swetz, a Managed Services Engineer at Logically
16. Thomas Gagnon, Manager, Banking Core Technology at Bangor Savings Bank
15. Pamela Perkins, Senior Manager, Administrative Coaching, athenahealth
14. Michael Cato, CIO, Bowdoin College
13. Jen Hughes, Employee Success Manager, Systems Engineering
12. Ken Grady, Chief Information Officer, IDEXX Laboratories
11. Jeffrey Jordan, Director, Enterprise Data Services, State of Maine Office of Information Technology (OIT)
10. Dani McAvoy LaMarca, Software Engineer, Code.org
9. Laura Gurney Ph.D., Assistant Professor Integrated Technology, Husson University
8. Carli Carter-Software Engineer-Tyler Technologies
7. Jessica Luttrell-Operations Excellence Engineer II-IDEXX
6. Charles Lever - IT & Marketing Manager - Bangor Housing
5. Leah Dorman- Identity Access Management Engineer -Harvard Medical School
4. Bill Pierce - CIO - The Jackson Laboratory
3. Katy Desjardins - IT Project Manager - Summit Utilities, Inc.
2. Josh Karstens - Director, Consultant Delivery - CGI
1. Barry Driscoll - CIO - WEX
clarifying correction note: For the full year, 2019 WEX revenue was $1.72 billion.