Computer Science PD Grant Application open until May 20th
May 12, 2022
Maine's 130th legislature passed a bill, sponsored by Senator Matthew Pouliot, to create a pilot program that provides grants that support computer science professional development in Maine school districts!
This pilot program will award grants for the provision of high-quality, teacher-developed or teacher-led professional development for PK-12 computer science pedagogy and content. Grant awards will be distributed across all counties and among PK-12. Priority will be given to applicants that:
- Do not currently offer computer science learning opportunities;
- Serve socioeconomically disadvantaged school districts;
- Prioritize student populations traditionally underrepresented in computer science;
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursuing high-quality educator professional development that emphasizes integration of computer science into other course work and curricula or establishes or expands access to courses that offer college credit and other certificates of value, or both; and
- Collaborate or partner with other entities, including but not limited to other local education agencies, the business community, nonprofit organizations and private entities.
For more information and a link to the application; click here!