Why Should Young Women Consider a Career in Information Technology?
August 21, 2014
From the National Center for Women in Information Technology
What should you tell a young woman about a career in IT?
- IT's important. She can use her skills to help solve pressing social problems in a variety of fields.
- IT's creative. She can use her creativity in many different jobs and roles; she will always find new challenges in her work.
- IT's team-oriented. She will do much more than use a computer. She will work with others as part of a creative team.
- IT's valued, respected, and flexible. She will enjoy challenging work in a well-respected field that pays well and often offers flexible hours.
- IT's everywhere. Most colleges offer majors in computer science, computer engineering, and related fields. Check out the programs nearest you, and start planning now!