Project>Login Ambassador Positions Available
August 15, 2016
The Project>Login Ambassador is responsible for collaborating on a statewide campaign to increase the network of computing and IT professionals in Maine. This position will be an active part of the team of professionals supporting TechHire Maine, an initiative supporting non-traditional talent to meet employers’ rapidly growing IT demands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Project>Login Program Director and Educate Maine staff members, business leaders, academic institutions, and workforce development partners to support the mission and programs of Educate Maine.
- Work with TechHire participants to assess job readiness skills and transition them from training programs to jobs with Maine employers.
- Work with TechHire participants to provide support and guidance on work ready and interviewing skills.
- Act as a liaison with TechHire employers to inform both skill needs and hiring practices as well as support job seekers after hiring.
- Work with a variety of workforce development partners to maintain an effective talent development and placement system.
- Monitor performance measures as they relate to goals and propose changes to better meet goals.
- Draft/compile and submit grant reports including quarterly progress and final reports for leadership and funding agencies consistent with all program goals and objectives.
- Assist with marketing (social media, website, paid media).
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders, volunteers, sponsors, and others.
- Assist with public relations and press events.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and as a team.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong computer, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising, marketing and/or public relations.
- A positive, results-oriented attitude to achieve program goals.
- Effective skills in interpersonal relations, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Motivated, self-starter with proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with workforce development systems, higher education, elementary, middle and high school curriculum, business community, and the technology sector a plus.
- Bachelors degree preferred but relevant experience considered.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years related experience.
Normal office walking and sitting. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and a reliable mode of transportation.
One position will be available in the Bangor area and one position will be available in southern Maine. Both positions will report directly to the Project>Login Program Director. These positions are exempt. Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by Friday, September 2, 2016.